Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing In the First Half of 2022

 

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.

  1. Anatomy: A Love Story by Dana Schwartz
    Expected publication January 18, 2022
    A gothic tale full of mystery and romance about a willful female surgeon, a resurrection man who sells bodies for a living, and the buried secrets they must uncover together.
  2. How High We Go in the Dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu
    Expected publication January 18, 2022
    Follow a cast of intricately linked characters over hundreds of years as humanity struggles to rebuild itself in the aftermath of a climate plague
  3. Book of Night by Holly Black
    Expected publication May 3, 2022
    With sharp angles and prose, and a sinister bent, Holly Black is a master of shadow and story stitching. Remember while you read, light isn’t playing tricks in Book of Night, the people are.
  4. The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea by Axie Oh
    Expected publication February 22, 2022
    Her people believe the Sea God, once their protector, now curses them with death and despair. In an attempt to appease him, each year a beautiful maiden is thrown into the sea to serve as the Sea God’s bride, in the hopes that one day the “true bride” will be chosen and end the suffering.
  5. My Mechanical Romance by Alexene Farol Follmuth
    Expected publication May 31, 2022
    Sharply funny and honest about the challenges girls of color face in STEM, in life, and in love, My Mechanical Romance explores the vulnerabilities of trust, allyship, and falling in love—especially when you barely even know who you are yet.

  6. In the Beautiful Country by Jane Kuo
    Expected publication June 14, 2022
    This emotional debut novel in verse, inspired by the author’s own experiences, is about a young Taiwanese girl who emigrates to America and finds a stark difference between her dreams and her reality.
  7. Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen
    Expected publication July 5, 2022
    For fans of Hustlers and How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia, the story of two Asian American women who band together to grow a counterfeit handbag scheme into a global enterprise--an incisive and glittering blend of fashion, crime, and friendship.
  8. Long Story Short by Serena Kaylor
    Expected publication July 28, 2022
    Serena Kaylor’s debut, Long Story Short, is a fun rom-com with a whole lot of heart about friendship, first love, and learning to take a chance on yourself.
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!! My Goodreads review here.
  9. Cinder & Glass by Melissa de la Cruz
    Expected publication March 8, 2022
    Blockbuster author Melissa de la Cruz’s YA retelling of Cinderella, set in 17th Century Versailles. For this princess, winning the crown is no fairytale.
  10. An Arrow to the Moon by Emily X.R. Pan
    Expected publication April 12, 2022
    Romeo and Juliet meets Chinese mythology in this magical novel.

What book in this list surprised you the most and made you want to read it? Are you familiar with any already? :)

Warm Regards,
Diana Banana

9 Comments

  1. I was reading about "My Mechanical Romance" the other day and it sounds cute. Also I don't know if I'd like the book (haven't heard of it) but I love the "Long Story Short" title. Hope you enjoy all of your 2022 anticipated reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover of Anatomy! I'm looking forward to How High We Go in the Dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I had Anatomy on my TTT as well. The cover is so stunning and I hope the story is just as gorgeous too 😍 I hope you enjoy all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for How High We Go in the Dark! Book of Night and The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea are also high on my anticipated list. Hope you get a chance to read and love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long Story Short sounds so cute! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.wordpress.com/2022/01/04/top-ten-tuesday-most-anticipated-release-for-the-first-half-of-2021-part-1/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m looking forward to Anatomy—and that cover is brilliant!

    My list is here: https://fiftytwo.blog/2022/01/04/ttt-auto-buy-authors/

    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mechanical Romance sounds like it could be interesting.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-most-anticipated-canadian-releases-in-early-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  8. An Arrow to the Moon sound good. I will be adding that to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ANATOMY sounds like a fun one! I might just have to check that one out. I hope you love it and all these others. Enjoy!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top