Mini Treats: Complicit by Winnie M Li Review

Mini Treats: where I write reviews that won't be as long as my usual but for quick reads.

Complicit by Winnie M Li
Rating: 4 out of 5

After a long-buried, harrowing incident, a woman whose promising film career was derailed has an opportunity for revenge in this visceral and timely thriller about power, privilege, and justice.

Review:
THE WRITING OF THIS BOOK KEEPS YOU SO ENTRANCED. I can't rave enough about how well written this book is. I was so drawn in by the summary but the writing blew me out of this world. The protagonist is a dry humor, cynical person who you can't help but root for. Sarah always dreamt of being a screenwriter and was on the road of climbing the ranks however the book starts years alter where she is a lecturer having given up due to the ugly reality of the industry. The book is about reflecting on the past and accepting your decisions in the past despite them not being the best at the time. This ran like a thriller book however I would not describe it as one, but rather a drama book that speaks VOLUMES about topics that need to be spoken more about like sexual assault, women empowerment, and more. I thoroughly recommend this book. It is so different from other books I have read.
Warm regards,

Diana Banana 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top